We, Iced Tea Labs Corporation (“Iced Tea Labs,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), believe your privacy is important.
To fulfill our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy, we will adhere to the following principles:
- We will inform you of the personal information that will be collected, and, where appropriate seek your consent to collect, process, use, or disclose your personal information.
- We will identify the purposes for which we will collect and further process your personal information.
- We will only collect information that is necessary to carry out the identified purposes of use.
- We will use or disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it has been collected, except with your consent, or as required or permitted by applicable law, and we will retain your information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- We will endeavor to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
- We will make our policies and practices for the handling of your personal information as transparent as is reasonably possible.
- You will have access to your personal information and will be able to correct your personal information as appropriate in accordance with your rights under applicable law.
Please note that you can check applicable privacy policies and addendums within the respective Service.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect
a. What Personal Information Does Iced Tea Labs Collect?
To provide you Services, Iced Tea Labs collects, uses, and transfers the following types of information:
i. Information Concerning Your Account
When you create a Iced Tea Labs account in order to access the Services (an “Account”), Iced Tea Labs will ask you to provide your email. This information is necessary because we may send an email to the address you provide, as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of Services. We may also use your registered email to provide you important information about Services.
Alternatively, you may choose to create an Account using your Facebook or Google account when, for example, you do not wish to provide your email. In such a case, email provision is optional. Please note that we do not collect your Facebook and Google password.
ii. Device Information and Access Logs When You Use Our Service
When you use Services, we may obtain and maintain certain electronic identification or log data that is automatically provided by your device such as: device type, OS type, IP address, browser information including type and language settings, device identifier, cookie data, advertising identifier or mobile application identifier.
This information is necessary as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of, or abuse of, Services, as well as to provide you with customized options, and optimize the Service for your device. Also, please note that a third party advertising identifier may be associated with your Account through our internal identifier.
b. What Other Information Might Iced Tea Labs Collect?
To improve the quality of Services, we provide additional functionalities, including the ability to access your Account from multiple devices, help you find friends via the Service, and to make Services more efficient, usable and enjoyable. If you choose to use such functionalities, or choose to use your Account on multiple devices, we may ask you to provide the following information:
i. Email Address [OPTIONAL]
If you wish to access your Account from multiple devices (“Multiple Device Login”) or to transfer your Account from one device to another (“Account Transfer”), you will need to provide your email address and a password and/or PIN code to Iced Tea Labs, so that we may associate these devices with your Account. We may use your registered e-mail address to provide you with important information about the operation of Services.
ii. Location Information [OPTIONAL]
To use the Iced Tea Labs App, you are not required to provide your location information (“geolocation data”). However, we provide features that utilize geolocation data for your convenience and to improve your user experience.
In other cases where we collect or use your geolocation data in the course of providing an Additional Service, we will provide you with prior notice and obtain your prior consent.
iii. Payment Information [OPTIONAL]
If you choose to purchase an Additional Service or use a fee-based Additional Service and pay for such Additional Service by a means other than in-app purchases via Google Play, we may engage a third party service provider to collect and process your credit card information. We will use your credit card information only to process your purchase or use our fee-based service. Please note that we will not retain your credit card information beyond the period necessary to facilitate the relevant payment. Your credit card settlement will be handled by appropriate third party payment agencies.
c. What About Information I Create About Myself and Share With Others?
i. User-Generated Content [OPTIONAL]
In addition to the information described above, you may choose to set your profile information (e.g., Iced Tea Labs ID, “display name,” profile picture, and the phrase you choose to show under your status message) and show who you are to other Iced Tea Labs users within Services. Furthermore, you may choose to create “user-generated content” such as bucket list items, photos, videos, geolocation data, or the contact information of your Iced Tea Labs friends, and share this user-generated content with other users. You may choose how much or little of your user-generated content to share, and with whom you share it, when you create messages by selecting the recipients of your user-generated content and/or through the privacy settings in the Iced Tea Labs App.
Please note that the profile information and user-generated content you share with others can be copied, stored, or disseminated by the recipients and potentially accessed by unintended third party recipients due to the nature of digital data. We encourage you to be very attentive and cautious when you generate and share your personal information or content with others.
4. How We Use and Handle Your Information
a. How Does Iced Tea Labs Use My Information?
- to provide Services and any Additional Services to you and to allow you to transmit your user-generated content to other Iced Tea Labs users
- to verify your identity
- to allow you to use your Account on multiple devices and transfer your Account to another device;
- to help you find people you know that are already Iced Tea Labs users so that you can connect using Iced Tea Labs and, subject to your prior agreement, to allow other Iced Tea Labs users to connect with you
- to enable you to sync other applications offered by Iced Tea Labs, Iced Tea Labs affiliates, and Iced Tea Labs business partners together with your Account and to share information between the applications you use
- to respond to requests you may make to use Additional Services
- to monitor, detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of, or abuse of, Services
- to improve and or optimize Services and any Additional Services
- to provide you with information regarding Services and any Additional Services
- to measure the effectiveness of advertisements that we place on the Internet or in other media
- to notify you of any other important information regarding Services and any Additional Services, if necessary
- to identify winners of promotional contests, to send gifts to those winners, and to deliver purchased products and services
- to aggregate anonymized statistical data regarding Services and any Additional Services and
- to comply with applicable laws or legal obligations.
b. How Does Iced Tea Labs Protect My Personal Information?
To fulfill our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, Iced Tea Labs has implemented appropriate technical and organizational security standards, including industry-standard safeguards to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, misuse, alternation, or destruction of your information.
Because no method of electronic transmission or method of data storage is perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission or while stored in our systems.
To help protect your privacy and confidentiality of your personal information, we also need your help. Please do not share your password with others, or use the same passwords you use for other services. Also, please notify us in the event you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security via our Contact Form .
c. Where Is My Personal Information Transmitted and Stored?
To provide Services in a reliable and responsible manner, Iced Tea Labs processes and stores your information using Google Firebase Database and Storage, which store data on secure servers which may be physically located in different countries around the world. All such transfers are performed in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
d. How Long Does Iced Tea Labs Keep My Information?
We may retain your personal information following the closure or termination of your Account if retention is reasonably necessary:
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or legal obligations;
- to provide and complete customer support service;
- to resolve disputes between or with Iced Tea Labs users, for the duration of the applicable limitation period; or
- to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of, or abuse of, Services.
e. Does Iced Tea Labs Use Outside Service Providers or Agents?
To provide Services, it sometimes is necessary for Iced Tea Labs to enlist third party service providers to process user data, which may include your personal information. We strictly evaluate all such third party service providers. We take reasonable steps to ensure that they have established appropriate and secure information administration and organizational control systems. We impose binding contractual obligations on such service providers to comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding the processing of personal information. We also require that they access your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform tasks in accordance with our instructions, and for no other purposes.
f. Does Iced Tea Labs Give My Information to Third Parties?
g. Does Iced Tea Labs Use Third-Party Modules?
Iced Tea Labs uses third party advertising agencies to place advertisements on the Internet or in other media. To measure the effectiveness of advertisements and determine how much to pay to advertising agencies, we install third-party modules within Apps. We may also install third-party modules within Apps in order to help us understand how Services and/or Additional Services are being used. Details regarding Apps in which such third-party modules will be installed can be viewed inside the application .
5. Your Choices, Your Rights
There is a possibility that Iced Tea Labs may obtain personal information relating to individuals who are currently not users of Services. Please note that, regardless of whether or not you are a user of Services, you have the choices and rights set out in this section if we hold your personal information.
a. How Do I Control My Information?
If you no longer wish to use the Service or if you no longer wish to consent to Iced Tea Labs’s collection and use of your personal information, you may choose to delete your entire Account by contacting us via email@example.com. We will delete your information in accordance with Section 4.d.
b. What If I Change My Mind?
If you change your mind regarding how much information you wish to continue to share or disclose on Services going forward, you can always change the settings in the Iced Tea Labs App relating to, for example:
- your profile information (e.g., your profile picture, your display name, or a personal phrase shown under the status message);
- whether to register your e-mail address;
- whether to link your Account with your Facebook account;
6. Other Important Information
a. A Special Note about Children in the United States of America
The Service is intended for a general audience and is not directed at or intended to be used by minors under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We understand the special necessity to protect Children's onIced Tea Labs privacy, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from Children.
If, however, you believe we have collected any personal information from Children, then please let us know via the Contact Form . If you would like to send us a written request, please refer to Section 6.b for our mailing address.
If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from Children, we will deactivate the relevant Account(s) and will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal information from our records.